B. S. College inspires, prepares, and empowers students to succeed in a changing world. This means:
- We inspire students to learn and to develop as whole people: intellectually, physically, and emotionally
- We inspire students to continue learning throughout life.
- We prepare and empower students to be successful by helping them develop the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to enter or progress within the work force or to transfer to a four-year institution, and to adapt and thrive in our increasingly diverse and ever-changing world.
To be a national leader in transforming lives through an innovative, rigorous, and compassionate approach to education. This means:
- We continually strive to strengthen and improve the positive impact we have on our students and community: transforming their lives, as well as our own, through our work
- We will become known nationally as an institution that "makes a difference"
- We continually strive to innovate – finding new and more effective ways to educate and serve students
- We sustain rigor in our work – holding high standards and expectations for both our students and for ourselves
- We approach our work with compassion – acknowledging the whole person, working with integrity and caring, accepting people where they are and moving them forward without sacrificing standards or expectations; bringing joy, honesty, and understanding to our work.
The B. S. College community values:
- inspiring learning
- broadening perspectives
- pursuing excellence
- responding to community needs
- achieving goals
- transforming lives
- celebrating achievement
To Translate the Vision & Commitments into action:-
- To set and achieve high academic standards in an atmosphere of autonomy.
- To develop leadership of high caliber and integrity.
- To preserve and promote the cultural heritage of the region.
- To strengthen its own faith life.
- To engage in research and extension activities related to the development issue of Bihar.
- To promote vocational and entrepreneurial education.
- To involve parents, staff and students in fruitful interaction.
- To accord priority to the education of Backwards as well as Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste students.
- To function as a critique and conscience of society.
- To set high standards for themselves in every field.
- To seek and apply knowledge critically to the solution of contemporary problems.
- To think in a creative, fearless and independent manner.
- To value and responsibly use their own freedom and respect the freedom of others.
- To appreciate and respect other faiths and foster religious harmony.
- To be clear and firm on principles and values and act accordingly.
- To contribute to the sustainable socio economic development of the neighborhood, locality and region.
- To be sensitive to those in need and unselfish in service.
- To set themselves free from scio-economic, religious, caste and gender prejudices and act as catalysts of social change.
- To protect, preserve and judiciously use the resources of the earth for the welfare of all.